1. Electric Prunes: I had too much to dream last night
2. Blues Magoos: Love seems doomed
3. Blues Magoos: Got to get away
4. Beatles: I’m only sleeping
5. Blues Magoos: There’s a chance we can make it
6. Pink Floyd: Interstellar Overdrive
7. Family: See Through Windows
8. Rolling Stones: Gomper
9. Pretty Things: Bracelets of Fingers
10. Kinks: You’re Looking Fine
11. Cream: Deserted Cities Of The Heart
12. Hendrix: Castles Made Of Sand
13. Electric Prunes: Long Day’s Flight
14. Quicksilver Messenger Service: Too long
15. Vanilla Fudge: You Just Keep Me Hanging On
16. Nice: Bonnie K.
17. Pretty Things: Buzz The Jerk
There is much more psychedelic music from the original period in existence than I had thought. Quite a few bands published just one, but excellent or unique album, so nowadays these band’s names are forgotten. It was a short-lived time, even then. Everything in psychedelic music happened within less than two years. As a suggestion, also listen to John’s Children, the first Bee Gees album, Kaleidoscope (album “Tangerine Dream”), The Incredible String Band, Donovan, early Traffic, Country Joe and the Fish, The Seeds, Aorta, Moby Grape, 13th Floor Elevators, The Chocolate Watchband, Clear Light, Fever Tree, C.A. Quintet. Family’s debut “Music in a doll’s house” is an album I adore.
Virtually any established band, like the Kinks, The Hollies, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, brought out a psychedelic album in 1967. For some this was just a matter of fashion (like sitars and fancy caftans), dropped the year after – for some it was a deeper and longer lasting experience. Most of the music mentioned here is also represented on youtube, and there are more psychedelic lists on Amazon etc.